AFC Wimbledon stun West Ham to reach FA Cup fifth round

AFC Wimbledon sprung the biggest shock of the FA Cup fourth round as they dumped West Ham out of the FA Cup with a thrilling 4-2 victory.

Wally Downes’ side, who are rooted to the foot of League One, rekindled the Crazy Gang spirit of years gone by to stun their Premier League visitors and earn a deserved victory.

The hosts led 2-0 at the break, Scott Wagstaff’s composed finish adding to Kwesi Appiah’s opener.

Wagstaff turned home the third in the opening minute of the second half before substitutes Lucas Perez and Felipe Anderson, with a fine free-kick, raised hopes of a comeback for the Hammers.

But Wimbledon stood firm and 19-year-old substitute Toby Sibbick headed home in the 88th minute to complete a famous win

These was another dramatic upset at The Den as Murray Wallace struck in stoppage-time for Millwall to send Everton crashing out.

Millwall twice hit back through Lee Gregory and Jake Cooper, who appeared to score with his arm, after Richarlison and Cenk Tosun had edged Everton ahead.

The tie looked set for a replay at Goodison Park, but defender Wallace steered the ball home deep in time added on following a set-piece to seal a 3-2 victory.

Matt Dolan’s last-gasp equaliser snatched giant-killers Newport a 1-1 draw at Middlesbrough.

Newport, who knocked out Leicester in the previous round, looked to be heading out after Daniel Ayala headed Boro in front early in the second half.

But midfielder Dolan turned the ball home from close range in the third minute of added time against his former club to clinch the Welsh minnows a home replay.

Matt Doherty’s stoppage-time equaliser spared Wolves’ blushes in a 2-2 draw at Shrewsbury.

Doherty’s last-gasp header rescued a replay for Wolves as they fought back from 2-0 down.

Sky Bet League One strugglers Shrewsbury, who upset Stoke last week in a replay, went ahead through Greg Docherty just after half-time before Luke Waterfall headed them 2-0 up.

But Raul Jimenez reduced the deficit for Wolves with 15 minutes left and midfielder Doherty saved Nuno Espirito Santo’s side in the third minute of added time.

Luke Waterfall's goal put Shrewsbury 2-0 up against Wolves, but the Premier League side fought back to earn a draw (Nick Potts/PA).
Luke Waterfall’s goal put Shrewsbury 2-0 up against Wolves, but the Premier League side fought back to earn a draw (Nick Potts/PA).

A last-minute goal ended Oldham’s run at Doncaster and Gillingham, who also sprang a third-round upset, bowed out following defeat at Swansea.

Oldham knocked out Fulham at Craven Cottage in the previous round and looked set for another replay when Peter Clarke cancelled out Ben Whiteman’s second-half opener for Doncaster with six minutes left.

But Clarke was adjudged to have handled in the box in the closing stages and Whiteman converted from the spot in the 90th minute.

Gillingham earned their trip to Swansea by dumping out Cardiff, but Oli McBurnie’s first-half double put Swansea in control.

Josh Rees headed the Gills back into the tie early in the second period, but Swansea regained their two-goal lead through Bersant Celina and Barrie McKay added the Welsh side’s fourth.

Manchester City thumped Premier League rivals Burnley 5-0 at the Etihad Stadium and have now scored 29 goals in their last six matches.

Gabriel Jesus’ seventh goal in five matches and 16th of the season gave City an interval lead before second-half goals from Bernardo Silva and Kevin De Bruyne put the tie to bed.

City added a fourth through Kevin Long’s own goal before Sergio Aguero’s penalty, for Long’s foul on David Silva, completed the scoring.

Portsmouth, who won at Norwich in the third round, drew 1-1 at Fratton Park against QPR, for whom Nahki Wells cancelled out Lee Brown’s opener following a goalless first half.

Brighton and West Brom will replay at The Hawthorns following a goalless draw, while Watford won 2-0 at Newcastle in an all-Premier League tie.

Andre Gray broke the deadlock just after the hour mark and Isaac Success made sure for the Hornets in the final minute.

Martyn Waghorn’s late goal clinched Derby a 1-0 win in front of a record crowd of 5,397 at Accrington as both sides were reduced to 10 men.

Waghorn fired home from close range with 12 minutes left after Accrington midfielder Dan Barlaser’s challenge on David Nugent just before the hour mark had earned a second booking.

Derby’s Jayden Bogle was shown a straight red card in the closing stages for his challenge on Paul Smyth and the visitors were indebted to goalkeeper Kelle Roos for his fine save from Billy Kee’s subsequent free-kick.

Football Paradise Staff Reporter

Serving quality football news from around the globe. No click-bait.