Auchinleck Talbot upset Fraserburgh to reach fourth round

Auchinleck Talbot beat 10-man Fraserburgh 1-0 to reach the fourth round of the William Hill Scottish Cup for just the second time in their history.

Steven Wilson (59) grabbed the only goal for the SJFA West Region Premiership outfit, who were beaten by Hearts at the fourth-round stage back in the 2011-12 season.

Bryan Hay was sent off for Highland League side Fraserburgh on the stroke of half-time for a second bookable offence.

Stenhousemuir caused an upset of sorts by beating the Ladbrokes Premiership’s bottom side Falkirk 4-2 in their third-round clash at Ochilview.

Conor McBrearty’s double put the League One club in front after Paul Paton’s early opener, before Falkirk restored parity with Joe McKee’s 42nd-minute equaliser.

Sean Dickson put Stenny back in front on the hour mark and Mark McGuigan secured the victory with five minutes remaining.

Championship leaders Ayr United avoided an upset by sealing a 3-0 victory at SJFA West Region Premiership outfit Beith Juniors.

Lawrence Shankland opened the scoring early in the second half before Ross Docherty and Michael Moffat eased any nerves for the Honest Men.

Stephen Dobbie continued his stunning form with two goals in Queen of the South’s 4-1 victory over Formartine United.

The former Hibernian and St Johnstone striker scored twice in the opening eight minutes to take his tally to 28 in all competitions this season.

Garry Wood pulled a goal back for Formartine in the 28th minute before Lyndon Dykes and Scott Mercer made sure of a fourth-round place.

League Two leaders Peterhead earned a replay by holding Morton to a 1-1 draw, while Morton and Annan were forced to settle for a 0-0 stalemate.

Elgin taught Stirling University a lesson as the Lowland League side fell to a 4-0 defeat in their first-ever third-round tie.

Robin Omar, Brian Cameron, Kerr Hay and Owen Loveland grabbed the goals for League Two outfit Elgin.

Fellow Lowland League side BSC Glasgow put up a brave fight, but were eventually beaten 2-0 by second-half goals from Forfar duo John Baird and Lewis Moore.

Jamie Longworth’s last-gasp effort gave East Kilbride a 1-0 victory against fellow Lowland League side Gala Fairydean.

Raith Rovers eased to a 3-0 win at Queen’s Park, while East Fife also made a safe passage into the fourth round with a 2-1 victory at Berwick.

Alloa were comfortable 3-0 winners against Brechin and Airdrieonians also secured a 3-0 triumph at home to Dumbarton.

David Cox scored the only goal in Cowdenbeath’s 1-0 win at home to Brora Rangers, while Ian Smith was the hero for Stranraer in their 1-0 victory at League One leaders Arbroath.

Football Paradise Staff Reporter

Serving quality football news from around the globe. No click-bait.