England skipper Harry Kane emerged from the World Cup finals with the consolation prize of the Golden Boot after finding the back of the net six times in Russia.
He beat off competition from France’s Antoine Griezmann and Kylian Mbappe, Belgium marksman Romelu Lukaku, Russia’s Denis Cheryshev and Portugal captain Cristiano Ronaldo, who managed four each.
Griezmann and Lukaku were second and third respectively by virtue of assists.
Here, we take a look at the goals which set the Tottenham striker apart.
Tunisia 1 England 2, Group G, Volgograd, June 18
1. Kane got England’s campaign off to a flying start when he fired home from close range after John Stones’ 11th-minute header had been saved by keeper Mouez Hassen.
2. England’s opening fixture looked as if it was going to end in frustration after Ferjani Sassi’s equaliser from the penalty spot, but with time running out fast, Kane reacted superbly to head home from Harry Maguire’s stoppage-time flick-on.
England 6 Panama 1, Group G, Nizhny Novgorod, June 24
3. With England already leading through Stones’ early header, Kane scored emphatically from the spot despite lengthy protests after Jesse Lingard had been bundled over by defender Fidel Escobar.
4. Further goals from Lingard and Stones had put England 4-0 up with five minutes of the first half remaining, but they were not done and their captain ensured they went in at the break five to the good when, after being manhandled in the box by Anibal Godoy, he calmly converted a second penalty.
5. Five became six within 17 minutes of the restart, although Kane knew little about it when Ruben Loftus-Cheek’s shot clipped his heels and flew past wrong-footed keeper Jaime Penedo.
Colombia 1 England 1 (After extra-time, England win 4-3 on penalties), Last 16, Moscow, July 3
6. Kane’s 57th-minute spot-kick, awarded after he had been wrestled to the ground by Carlos Sanchez, handed England the lead, although Yerry Mina’s last-gasp header meant penalties were required.
Stay updated with the latest news, gossip and football stories by following us @Football_P